Thursday, October 8, 2009

Moving

Today is October 8, and in exactly one month I will have worked a full week at my new job in Mississauga. I've landed a full-time CSR position with TD Canada Trust which is great, because I will be salaried and have guaranteed hours and do not include as many evenings.

It has been a couple months that I have been wanting to move home, but now that it's all happening, I am experiencing mixed feelings of both happiness and sadness. I am so happy, because I have completed my university education, and I'm going to move home! When I left to come to school in Waterloo when I was just 19, it was never with the intention that Kitchener/Waterloo would become my permanent residence, and so I am happy to go back to Brampton. My family is in Brampton, Daniel is in Brampton and a couple close friends are in Brampton and Toronto. I get to be close to my parents who I've missed so much and just "feel like I'm home." I haven't had that feeling any other time except for those when I've arrived back into my home in Brampton, and I'm so happy that on October 31st when I get that feeling, it won't be coupled with the sadness of knowing that I have to leave again too soon.

But the sadness... I'll be missing the independance I've learned since moving away in first year, and I'll miss the apartment that I've come to make my home. This has been the apartment that Sarah and I have lived in for over a year and a half, and in a way it has become my home which I will miss. Sarah has already moved to Niagara Falls which makes leaving this apartment sad, but also marking the end of a chapter in my life, although I'm finding it hard to articulate what that chapter is. I left home and went out on my own, and I choose to go back because right now that's where I feel like i belong.

This post is really just me getting my feelings out on "paper" so that I can work through these mixed emotions. I know that moving home is going to be a good thing for me to do, and I know that I will be happier living my house with my family and being closer to Daniel so that we don't have to do long distance anymore!

No comments: