Friday, February 15, 2008

The Inspiration for a Blog

So, I created this blog about two weeks ago after my first experience at the OB/GYN. I don't know why this prompted me to create a blog, but I was thinking about how this experience went nothing the way that I had anticipated, and after reading Feministing almost every day, I thought that a good place for me to start logging all my thoughts about feministing things wouldbe here, and it would also be an interesting project for me to start and see how it goes.

So, lately I have been playing around with the possibility of different birth control options because a) The Pill causes me many problems, and b) very soon I will be graduating and I'll lose my mother's benefits which are quite awesome. The options that I came down to were the diaphragm and the IUD. This is a link to the most widely used brand of IUD, which is also the one covered by my benefits. Also the same company who makes the IUD discussed later on when I talk about the clinical trial.

So, off I go to WLU health services, which as we all know is always a pleasure and make an appointment with Doctor McFarlane to discuss the pros and cons of the IUD and the Diaphragm. After discussing these things, I decide that I would like a referral to an OB/GYN in order to further pursue the option of an IUD, and off we go...

(Karen just called and it's off to Christie's now, so I'll have to continue the story of my blog inspiration at a later date! More to come!)

No comments: